Who is Obi Cubana?
Obi Cubana is an Eastern Nigerian successful businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who chairs the Cubana Group. Many have asked the question, who is Obi Cubana? Today WE are here with the answer.
Below are details about Obi Cubana Biography, Career, Age, State of Origin, Educational Background, Cars, Clubs, and Net Worth;
OBI CUBANA PROFILE
Full Name Obinna “Obi” Iyiegbu
Nick Name Obi Cubana
State of Origin Anambra State
Age 47 years
Date of Birth April 12, 1975
Company Cubana Group
Net Worth $60 million
His early education commenced at Central Primary School, after which he later obtained his West African Senior School Certificate (WAEC) at Dennis Memorial Grammar School in Onitsha, Anambra state when his family moved to the commercial city.
After his primary and secondary stages, Obi attended the University of Nigeria Nsukka, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science in Political Science.
In 2007, Chief Obinna “Obi” Iyiegbu opened his first nightclub called “Ibiza Club” in Abuja. The success of the club led to the birth of the Cubana club in 2009.
The first Cubana Club was opened in Abuja in 2009. The nightclub provided crazy entertainment for fun-seekers within the nation.
Today, the Cubana club is situated in more than 10 cities and states in Nigeria, including Owerri, Lagos, Abuja, and Enugu respectively.
The Cubana club is not only a successful venture, but it has also birthed the Cubana Group, an eclectic brand that provides entertainment, lifestyle, and real estate services.
List of Cubana Group Clubs & Establishments:
- OPIUM CUBANA – OWERRI: The Opium Cubana nightclub is one of the popular entertainment clubs in Owerri. It is located at World bank road in Owerri.
- GRAND CUBANA HOTELS: The Grand Cubana is a four-star hotel located at Abuja at 6 Ebitu Ukiwe, Jabi, Abuja.
- PABLO CUBANA: Pablo Cubana is located at Victoria Island Lagos, at 17 Adeola Odeku street, Opebi, Lagos.
- GUSTAVO CUBANA: The Gustavo Cubana is located at Independence Layout in Enugu, Enugu state.
- ROLEX HOTEL – LAGOS
- CUBANA LEISURE OUTFIT – LAGOS
- CRAVE CUBANA – ABUJA
- CASA CUBANA HOMES: The Casa Cubana homes is a real estate company also owned by the Cubana group. It is a collaboration between Victoria Crest Homes and Win Homes.
- HUSTLE AND BUSTLE NIGHTCLUB: Hustle and Bustle nightclub is co-owned by Obi Cubana of Cubana Group and Ayokunle Akinbode of HWP Group. It is located at 80, Amino Kano Crescent, Wuse, Abuja.
Awards & Recognitions
Obi Cubana has won several awards for his contributions to nightlife entertainment and hospitality, they are;
- The RightVille School Special Leadership Award, May 2017
- Democracy Heroes Award 2018 as Democracy Entrepreneur of the year.
- Northern Nigeria Peace Summit/Award 2017 as Northern Nigeria Peace Builder of the year 2017
- Ghana-Nigeria Achievers Award 2017 as Inspiring Personality Award, 2017
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- Nigeria Film Corporation Entertainment as Icon Award 2017
The Oba indigene married his beautiful wife Ebele Iyiegbu the same year he started the Cubana club, the year 2009. They have four sons; Alex, Ifeanyi, Kosi, and Ebube (plus an adopted one).
His lovely wife is a lawyer and a businesswoman. She runs a nonprofit organization called KIEK Foundation which provides education, healthcare, and basic amenities to the less privileged.
The chairman of Cubana Group is known for his low-key lifestyle and personality. However, he owns lots of luxurious cars;
- Range Rover
- Mercedes Benz 4matic S40
- Two Lexus LX
- Rolls Royce Phantom
Obi Cubana is one of the richest show promoters, entrepreneurs, and businesses man in Nigeria. His Net worth is estimated at $60million US dollars as of 2021.
With his chain of businesses and clubs across the country in view, it is said he might be worth more but keeps a low profile.
You can follow him on Instagram @obi_cubana