Who Is Cardinal Okwy Okpanum?
Okwuchukwu Michael Okpanum a.k.a. Don Cardinal or Cardinal Okwy Okpanum, is an Engineer, Real Estate Developer, and Actor. He was born in Nibo, Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State on the 20th day of December in the year 1970. He attended Igwebuike Grammar School during his high school days and later studied Mass Communications at Federal Polytechnic, Oko.
Cardinal Okwy Okpanum went away to Lagos for a while in search of a better life but returned to the east in 2007 to start a career in Construction.
Cardinal Okwy Okpanum AS AN ENGINEER
He worked with several top construction firms like TAMAD Constructions, SAGEZ Constructions, and RCC. He presently owns Don Cardinal Construction Company and Don Holes Drilling & Water Research Company, and have overseen a couple of high-class projects;
- the construction of the Mesh Wire Fencing at the new Anambra International Cargo Airport, Umueri,
- the drainage at the Awka Millenium City,
- supervised the construction of Vertex View Hotel and Suites, Nibo, and a host of other major projects.
In 2012, the Anambra actor decided to join the Real Estate field, and in 2014 he finally ventured into a field he has had a passion for a very long time now, the Movie Industry. Don Cardinal became an actor in Nollywood in 2014 with MORE THAN A WIDOW as his first film casting.
Cardinal Okwy Okpanum AS AN ACTOR
In his passion ‘Acting,’ Okwuchukwu Michael Okpanum has played different amazing roles in over 50 Nollywood blockbusters to date. A couple of them are;
- A Thousand War, a movie by Holy Cup Movies,
- The Last Kidnap, directed by Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi,
- Oh, Blood Money, with Kanayo O. Kanayo, Pete Edochie, Remy Ohajianya as co-stars,
- The Injustice, with Harry B Anyanwu, Steven Odimgbe (Flashboy), as co-stars,
- Without Conscience (2017),
- Heart Of The Blind,
- Marriage Crisis, with Queeneth Herbert as a co-star and directed by NDave David Chiweike, and a host of others.
The multi-talented Cardinal Okwy Okpanum is married with beautiful kids and is fluent in English and Igbo languages respectively.
Written by Professor Khocee Wilson-Ejikeme